Wednesday, May 26, 2010

The Poor Girl's Diet

I know I've been totally MIA for a little while, but I promise it's all for perfectly good reasons. Reason number 1: I'm moooovvviiiinnng. Yup. Moving back in with Mom for a month or so till my roommates are back in town, out of their current leases, and when we find a place. Thus, I've kinda been running around like a chicken with my head cut off. However, it's been productive!

This picture pretty much sums up where I am in the process.

Imagefrog Image Hosting


Thus, I've been busy which means I haven't had much time to cook anything worth posting. That brings me to my next point...

Reason number 2: I'm still on the job hunt. For those unaware, joblessness means very very very little fun money. Yes, I consider money for food fun money. Get over it. Anyway, that means that we're definitely getting down with the $0.39 boxes of Fresh & Easy mac and cheese (which is so good with a little lemon pepper and half the price of Kraft!) as well as $0.50 turkey pot pies from the freezer section. That being said, I'm not going to be able to start cooking post-worthy stuff till I get a job again... or until it's on Mom's grocery bill ;)  So you'll all just have to be patient and wait it out with me. I'll definitely post some recipes soon though, whether I'm cookin' them or not.

With all that crap food, you've gotta be wondering how this whole weight loss thing is going, right?

Here's where the good news comes in!
I've lost roughly 7lbs already! Woohoo! Definitely some good encouragement, right?!

One woman that is ruining all chances of me ever getting skinny, however, is the Pioneer Woman. [Thanks to my dear friend and fellow foodie, Summer for introducing us :) ] I mean, really?! Have you seen this woman's recipes? Every single one is to die for.

Sidenote: I highly recommend the lasagna.


Imagefrog Image Hosting

Hands down, best lasagna I've ever eaten. Ever.

Off to get some sleep before schlepping more of my ish back to Mom's...

1 comment: