Wednesday, May 12, 2010

And so it begins...

Blogs don't normally pop up out of thin air and this one happens to be one that popped up out of sheer boredom and a longing for procrastination.

Thus, my little story begins...

For those that don't know, I graduated from college ::does the math:: a whole whoppin' 4 days ago. As I was finishing my last semester, I found myself procrastinating more and more. Graduation was soon approaching and my papers and assignments were piling up to an overwhelming height. I began to have a lot of those I should be doing homework right now moments. However, I continued whatever pointless thing I was already doing simply because even tasks like cleaning the kitchen seemed to entice me more than that 30 page paper on autism spectrum disorders which happened to be sitting there in the corner of the room, staring at me longingly. So what would I do in order to pretend that I was being productive?

I could write a blog!

Great, I was going to write a blog. But what in the world would I write about? There are countless blogs out there about anything and everything. Cute animals, funny videos, fun facts, stuff white people like, and just plain fun. You name it, you can find a blog about it.

I've recently been getting more and more interested in healthy eating, specifically for those of us who enjoy carbs way too much and think just about anything that rhymes with schmegetable is evil. That being said, I came across a book at my mom's place called Eat This, Not That! by David Zinczenko. The book is pretty much a restaurant survival guide so we all don't end up weighing a bajillion pounds (definitely a good book to check out!). Anyway, one thing led to another, and I found Cook This, Not That! which is a chock full of healthier versions of homemade favorites. Needing to lose a bit of weight myself, I decided to start working out and using these two books as my nutrition guides for my weightloss adventure. I'll be posting each recipe (not in full due to copyright blah blah blahs) and my progress with it all.

So, let's get to cooking and see where all of this takes us!

1 comment:

  1. YAY! Can I just tell you how excited I was to see this blog begin?!? I can't wait to read it... and then go home and cook!!

    ReplyDelete